The Next Copernican Revolution
Origin of Life
A Scientific Revolution
- The Origin of Life is back on land in a 21st Century version of Charles Darwin’s “warm little pond”
- Computer Science meets Prebiotic Chemistry in search for life’s “boot code”
- The Hot Spring Hypothesis, science’s first end-to-end proposal for how life can begin
- Spark! BIOTA’s newest initiative on the role of different forms of energy driving prebiotic evolution
- Join the team, propose your testable idea, then test it!
Implications for Humanity
- Smashing the atom of biology
- A code of emergence
- Where and how likely is life’s prevalence in the universe?
- Current and upcoming life-finding space missions
- A new “ground up” philosophy
- Survival of humanity through deep understanding of our origins as a collaborative, sharing system, and our way forward
You don’t have to have a PhD to get involved with BIOTA’s mission.